"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Friday, September 12, 2014

Melkam Addis Amet!

Melkam Addis Amet! Happy Ethiopian New Year! Actually, it was yesterday. It is now 2007 in Ethiopia. September 2nd!

Wonder why? Because Ethiopia is one of two African countries (the other one Liberia) that were never colonized by a European country, and, therefore, it has its own calendar, not the calendar used in Europe and the US. Apparently, the difference in years is due to different calculations on what year Christ was born. 

What I love about this? Teasing my husband that he is ten years older than me! He was born in 1982 there and I was born 1992 here. So even though he is only 4 years older than me, he is 10 years older . . . Anyway. :)

Warning: the rest of the post is likely to be cluttered with Jonathan pictures. He just had his 5 month "birthday." He is about to crawl, too! Getting up on his hands and knees and rocking, so close!





He learned how to suck on his thumb this month. I didn't stop him because I find it helpful at this point. It helps him sleep longer at night without having to get up and it helps him be quieter on long car rides. Or short car rides. :)





Daddies are wonderful. Mommy is nice to cuddle with and read stories and sing songs, but she (I) am just not the same as Daddy! As you can probably see from the pictures.



Daddy put him in a box!



May this next year be filled with blessings and wisdom from God!


2 comments:

  1. Ashley sends lots of hugs to sweet Master Jonathan. We of course send our love to you and your dear Tes. Thank you for sharing, we are truly joyful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh dear say hi to Ashley for me and Jonathan! And of course hi to you all! Liz, I thought of you when I was at that Mongolian restaurant the other day. It seemed like you should be there with me, reveling with me in the coolness and the "creepiness"!

      Delete