"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Friday, October 17, 2014

An update on me this time

Instead of Jonathan. My apologies to his fans.

I have no clue where my camera cord is. I'm sure my husband knows exactly where it is. I make messes, he cleans. Definitely a blessing when I come home and the dishes are done, so I can't complain! However, this will just have to be a "boring" post. 

I want to post even if I can't post pictures, because it has been awhile. I have been busy . . . starting a new job!

Some things I have learned:


  • how to do a blood draw
  • how to do an INR
  • how to do an incident report
  • lots and lots of protocol that it would behoove me to remember, even though I won't, at first
  • And that I love working day shift. It is awesome to be forced to get up early, gulp some coffee, get to work within 45 minutes of getting out of bed, and work eight hours before coming home and having the rest of the day to do other things! I may not be a morning person, but that is exactly why I like the morning shift. If I work an evening, it seems I spend the whole next day sleeping, before going to work again . . . and then I start to feel like I never even lived out my day. Yes, day shifts are the best feeling ever.
  • Oh, and I love my job so far. I know that there are going to be some stressful days when I hate my job, since I'm new and I just graduated. But eventually I will love it as much as I do now, in training. :)
Another interesting piece of news is that I am planning to go back to school, either in December or January! My husband has been very supportive of my education and encouraged me to apply--then I got accepted and transferred credits, and what do you know, I only need 36 more!
 
It all feels surreal to me, as if its just "happening" to me, instead of me making things happen. I think because even though it was my goal to go back to school eventually, this was more my husband's idea at this point. I just went through the motions and all of a sudden I'm almost back in school, and wondering how that happened . . . haha. Well, I am kind of excited. It will be a challenge. I think I'm about ready for one.

But wait, even starting this new job is a challenge! As in, a big one. So now I will have two challenges. So please remember me in your prayers. I would be very grateful. And I will keep everyone posted on how it all goes! As well as some more pictures, pretty soon here.

Well, it's Friday! I am going to go make pancakes for supper! mmmmm ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome Julia! Congrats on your new job! I'm so glad you love it! :) Miss you girl--we need to catch up again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm here! but I dnt know your skype name.

      Delete