"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A little Thanksgiving


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was quiet but still wonderful. It was the first Thanksgiving dinner I'd ever cooked. 
And, probably the first Thanksgiving dinner Tes had ever eaten. ha.



Our interesting seating arrangement . . . Usually we eat using our coffee table and both of us sit on our couch, but I wanted to decorate the table so I decided to use Tes' study desk, as it is out of Jonathan's reach. 
Since we only have one chair, I sat on the arm of the couch. :)


It was Jonathan's first Thanksgiving dinner as well, obviously. 


He loved it.


A very thankful young man. 


We played a variation on Thanksgiving bingo -- really, I was trying to make it feel like Thanksgiving without a crowd of relatives! 


For our dinner I made mashed potatoes, fried chicken, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing and squash soup. 
(It was really good squash soup.)
I never did finish making the pie until half a week later. :) I guess we didn't really need it.

I am so thankful this year for my husband and my son. I love them both very much. Tes has taught me a lot about cleaning and made me a tidier person. (Not quite reaching perfection, however.) Marriage and being a mother are teaching me to be flexible. 

I wouldn't trade my new family for anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment