"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Friday, February 12, 2016

We can be made new


Hope that these verses will encourage you today!

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26

He has the power to change any heart; He can change my heart and your heart today, make our hearts soft to accept Christ and his truth and love. Even if you are already a Christian but have fallen away from loving him first and begun to love the world (as so often it seems we do) he can change our hearts! He has not lost his power since he rose up from the grave.

"Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end."
Ecclesiastes 3:11

No matter what our situation is, if we give it to God, I truly believe he will make our lives beautiful. He is faithful. I remember a time in my life when I knew that I had "ruined" my life. I cried out to God and gave my life back to him and asked him to do what only he could do--to fix it! He has done that and more, giving me a heart to love him again.

"'And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.' And He who sits on the throne said, 'Behold, I am making all things new.' And He said, 'Write, for these words are faithful and true.' Then He said to me, 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.'"
Revelations 21: 4-6

This is the hope we have in Christ! 

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:7

He makes us to be a new creation! This is why we can have hope in Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment