"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Monday, February 1, 2016

Word of Encouragement

"I thank my God every time I remember you.
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy
because of your partnership in the gospel
from the first day until now,

Being confident of this, 
that he who began a good work in you 
Will carry it on to completion
Until the day of Christ Jesus."

I am so encouraged by the testimony of Christians living in countries where there is hostility towards the gospel of Christ. The faith of these people reminds me of my own need for Jesus; the reality that they risk their possessions, families and very lives to worship him . . . it is so very beautiful, and humbling when I look at my own life. 

May we not forget one another in suffering, but lift up through prayer our brothers and sisters in Christ, for strength and encouragement, for the presence of God during their trials, until the day of Christ Jesus! 

We can come boldly before God's throne of grace, for mercy and help in trouble.

He is so good and so beautiful, and the body of Christ is beautiful. Days when I do not desire Him and His word . . . is it because I am too full? Of material things? I forget my need of him and then I am reminded that He is the Bread of Life, the Living Water. My soul will never be satisfied without Him, and this must be why Christians say, "Take this whole world, but give me Jesus." This world is not our home, we do not truly belong here. We do not need to love the world, God has something better. Christ is our all.

Let us lift each other up in prayer, to stay strong and remember our first love until He comes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment