"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The baby post


This is him! Christian.


He was born at 10:43 pm at night and weighed 7lbs 13.2 oz and was 20.5 inches long. Unbelievably he was born "natural" (no epidural or intrathecal), but really only because I wanted one too late and my midwife refused--I was 9 cm when she was able to check me to see if I could get one. Oh well. I had wanted to have a baby "naturally" because I was curious as to how bad it feels to deliver that way . . . now I know. But I already can't really remember how bad it felt so I guess it is true about forgetting that part. And as far as a delivery goes, it went super well, even though from my perspective it was a nightmare. I think labor lasted for 10 hours altogether, because it didn't really start until 1 or 2 in the afternoon although my water broke in the early morning, and then it got more intense around 5 pm. The contractions never got regular--I would have two or three or so in a row and then several minutes of nothing and then a bunch in a row again. My sister was there and she and Tes helped me a lot! I wouldn't let them stop pushing on my back. My sister gave me ice chips with mango drink powder on them in between contractions and that was nice.





He is a sweet little baby and I did lots of skin to skin with him the first couple of days and already feel "bonded" which is so nice because I think it took a little longer with Jonathan. Really everything has gone a lot better than it did last time, with recovery and breastfeeding. Christian seems very content and does not cry a whole lot. He's so tiny and cuddly and sweet. I'm in love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment