"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

encouragement :)

If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
John 8:36

Dear brothers and sisters, we are not just saved from Hell, not just saved from the fear of death, but we are saved from sin. We DO NOT have to be slaves to sin any longer. Jesus Christ gave his life on the cross to redeem us--to purchase us. Sin is no longer our master. Christ is our Master and it is Him we serve.
For so long in my life, even after I was a Christian, I still served the flesh--my own desires. But Christ gives us power over the flesh. He has given us His Spirit and we can do away with our old sinful nature and be filled with His power over sin. 
The blood of Christ has power over sin. No matter how defeated of a life we have lived, He has the power to make us into a truly new Creation.
It is my strong desire and prayer that as Christians, we begin to live through the Spirit, and demonstrate the fruits of the Spirit in our lives.
Love.
Joy
Peace
Patience
Gentleness
Goodness
Faith
Meekness
Self Control

While we will not be perfected until we see the Lord, we can begin to reveal Christ in our lives NOW. He is God. He is far more powerful than any addictions, desires, habits that we may have. If He has made us free, we shall be truly free.

No comments:

Post a Comment