"Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me."

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Little children come to Jesus

Jonathan recently memorized Matthew 19:14, and we have discussed the story and read it straight from the passage several times. Today, while I was cooking lunch, Jonathan was singing "Jesus loves the little children" in the other room. I went over there to talk to him, and Jonathan told me "Jesus put hand on Jonathan head," patting his head. I told him, "Yes, Jesus loves the little children, and he loves you, and he put his hands on the children and blessed them, didn't he?"

After agreeing with me and talking about it some more, Jonathan ran into his bedroom and shouted loudly, "Jesus said, come please! Mommy, say come please!" He wanted me to call him so he could practice coming . . . to Jesus, I think. :) It was cute, and I called him, and then I got to talk to him a little more seriously about how we can come to Jesus and how he does want little children to come to him. Cute and so sweet.

1 comment:

  1. That is the sweetest thing! Praise God for your example in teaching Jonathan these things. :)

    ReplyDelete